The ten-day festival of contemporary circus art takes place in every odd-numbered year in the Alte Reithalle and at other venues in Aarau. The program of cirqu’7 includes new, independent and innovative productions in addition to some well-known pieces that have shaped the circus all over the world.
The Swiss productions featured are the following:
- Cie Philippe Saire: «Hocus Pocus» on 5 & 6 June at Theater Tuchlaube
- Compagnie.sh: «Le projet F» on 6 June at Alte Reithalle
- Cie Philippe Saire: «Vacuum» on 6 & 7 June at Theater Tuchlaube
- Julian Vogel, «China Series #1, #2, #6, #7» on 8 June at Alte Reithalle
- FahrAwaY Zirkusspektakel, «Drüll» on 1 & 2 June at Bahnhofplatz (station square, outdoor)
- Zirkus Chnopf, «Optimum» on 7 & 8 June at Bahnhofplatz (station square, outdoor)
- Anja Eberhart, Carte Blanche on 4 June at Alte Reithalle
The festival will also make an appearance in Zurich. In co-operation with the Zirkusquartier Zürich, a showcase of the young circus scene will be presented from 7 to 9 June, featuring Cie. Ici’Bas, FahrAwaY, Julian Vogel, Cirque de Loin / Michael Finger, Cie. Roikkuva, Mormi&Friends and Cie. Insaisissable.
The cirqu’Aarau association is a member of the important European network Circostrada, which will hold its annual meeting during the festival in Aarau this year.
In addition, cirqu’Aarau together with KreativKultur (Austria) and the Berlin Circus Festival (Germany) is part of the international co-operation project Circus re:searched, for the promotion and networking of artists in the field of contemporary circus. Circus re:searched provides support for circus artists of the German-speaking world in their research and creative processes, facilitating a deeper commitment to artistic involvement.