Every year nearly three thousand directors and programmers of theatres and festivals from around the world come to the Avignon Festival on the lookout for new additions for their programmes. Thanks to the «Sélection suisse», Swiss artists and performers will benefit from a personalised accompaniment that will generate contacts and tours within the framework of France’s cultural network. The «Sélection suisse en Avignon (SCH)» is a joint project of Corodis (The Commission for the diffusion of cultural events in French speaking Switzerland) and of Pro Helvetia.
The SCH artistic management has selected the following projects for 2019:
- «L’Oiseau migrateur» by Dorian Rossel / Cie STT (theatre for young audience)
- «Nirvana» by Delgado Fuchs (performance)
- «EF_Femininity» by Marcel Schwald & Chris Leuenberger (dance)
- «Here & Now» by Trân Tran (performance)
These companies will perform during the Festival OFF at Avignon between 9 and 23 July 2019.
This year, the SCH is also participating in the Festival d’Avignon (IN) programme with:
- «Phèdre !» by François Gremaud (theatre), in collaboration with the Festival d’Avignon
- «Au revoir», text by Antoine Jaccoud read by French actor Mathieu Amalric (reading), presented together with the Centre culturel suisse de Paris as part of «Fictions», a programme of France Culture and the Festival d’Avignon
In addition, the Séléction presents:
- during the opening show: «Helen W.» by Aurore Jecker (theatre)
- in the frame of «Les Intrépides», on the programme of the SACD – Société des Auteurs et Compositeurs Dramatiques: Antoinette Rychner (reading)
- in collaboration with the Collection Lambert: «Various Days » by the collective A Normal Working Day / Delgado Fuchs & Zimoun (installation)